ABOUT OUR FIRM
From our brownstone in the heart of New Haven, Connecticut, Garrison, Levin-Epstein, Fitzgerald & Pirrotti has advocated for employees and civil rights plaintiffs in litigation and negotiation since 1977. Along the way, we have received virtually every available accolade and a hard-won reputation as one of the Nation’s premier employee rights firms.
Our proudest accomplishment, though, remains the workplace culture we have fostered. Ours is a law firm that cares about our clients and our work, but we also care about each other.
We seek a full-time associate attorney or counsel to join our thriving practice.
- Investigating and evaluating potential cases, interviewing potential clients, and participating in case selection decisions.
- Managing civil discovery, including drafting and responding to document discovery requests, taking and defending depositions, and supervising expert witnesses.
- Drafting dispositive motions (and oppositions thereto) and substantive mediation statements.
- Arguing motions and examining witnesses at evidentiary hearings and trial.
- Working directly with clients and opposing counsel.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- J.D. degree and admission to practice in one state or territory. Admission in Connecticut is preferred; admission in Connecticut within one year of hire is required.
- At least two years of litigation experience, including management of document discovery and depositions, is required; four-plus years is preferred.
- Excellent legal research and writing skills.
- Working knowledge of federal and/or Connecticut state civil procedure.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Familiarity with employment law is preferred but not required.
- Ability to work well with others, including paralegals and law firm staff.
- A drive to build a practice representing employees.
- A friendly and positive attitude.
Compensation commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits, including four weeks’ paid vacation.
Our firm enthusiastically supports diversity in the legal profession. More than half of our lawyers are women, people of color, and/or members of the LGBTQ community. Lawyers from traditionally underrepresented backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to our office manager, Deborah French, at firstname.lastname@example.org.