Garrison, Levin-Epstein, Fitzgerald & Pirrotti, P.C. has long been recognized as a preeminent law firm in Connecticut for the representation of individuals in employment disputes. Many of our attorneys have received AV ratings by Martindale-Hubbell and have been named Connecticut Super Lawyers by Super Lawyers Magazine. Our ranks include the current president of the Connecticut Employment Lawyers Association as well as two past presidents. Partner Steven Fitzgerald has been named Best Lawyer of the Year for Labor & Employment Litigation in the New Haven area for 2017-18 by Best Lawyers of America. And our attorneys are all proud members of the National Employment Lawyers Association, including former NELA President Joseph Garrison and current NELA Executive Board Member Nina Pirrotti.
We represent individuals – from corporate executives to hourly workers – in every aspect of employment law, including:
- Discrimination (on the basis of race, sex, age, physical or mental disability, religion, sexual orientation, or gender identity, among others) and harassment, including sexual harassment;
- Wrongful termination, including wrongful discharge in violation of public policy;
- Retaliation against whistleblowers and other employees who exercise their free speech;
- Title IX’s prohibition against sex discrimination (including sexual harassment) in education;
- Accommodations under disability law and medical leaves under the FMLA;
- Overtime compensation, unpaid wages and commissions, and other wage and hour issues;
- Non-competition agreements; and
- Contract and severance negotiations.
Over the years, the civil rights lawyers of Garrison, Levin-Epstein have taken on virtually every large employer in Connecticut.
Some of our most notable litigation results on behalf of employees and civil rights plaintiffs include:
- A $6.3 million jury verdict on behalf of a Yale University doctor who was wrongly disciplined and demoted because of his patient care advocacy;
- A $1.285 million settlement on behalf of five UConn students and alumnae for indifferent responses to reports of sexual assault and harassment, in violation of Title IX;
- A $2.985 million arbitration award for a hedge fund manager who was wrongly deprived of the opportunity to earn deferred compensation;
- A $3.5 million settlement on behalf of a high-level Fortune 100 executive who was subject to age discrimination; and
- A jury verdict of nearly $2 million on behalf of a Pfizer scientist for First Amendment retaliation after she spoke out about dangerous laboratory conditions.
- A $1+ million settlement on behalf of five employees subjected to sexual harassment and/or retaliation by the chief of a department.
We can deliver the experience and the expertise that working people need for their toughest fights.
Although Garrison, Levin-Epstein, Fitzgerald & Pirrotti, P.C. only represents individuals in employment litigation, we are also available to counsel employers in a variety of non-litigation contexts, including advising them on their rights and obligations and conducting internal investigations of employee allegations of misconduct.