Garrison, Levin-Epstein, Fitzgerald & Pirrotti, P.C. has long been recognized as a preeminent Connecticut employment law firm for representing employees and fighting for workers’ rights. All five of our partners are recognized by Connecticut Super Lawyers and Best Lawyers, from which we have received multiple “Lawyer of the Year” honors. And all five of our partners are listed among the 500 Leading Plaintiff Employment Lawyers in the United States – by far the most of any Connecticut law firm. U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers also recognize our firm in their rankings.
Our ranks include the current president and two past presidents of the Connecticut Employment Lawyers Association, as well as one past president and one current Executive Board member of the National Employment Lawyers Association, the nationwide organization for employment lawyers who represent employees.
We represent people – from corporate executives to hourly workers – in every aspect of employment law, including:
- Discrimination (on the basis of race, sex, age, physical or mental disability, religion, sexual orientation, or gender identity, among others) and harassment, including sexual harassment;
- Wrongful termination, including wrongful discharge in violation of public policy;
- Retaliation against whistleblowers and other employees who exercise their free speech;
- Hostile work environments;
- Title IX’s prohibition against sex discrimination (including sexual harassment) in education;
- Accommodations under disability law and medical leaves under the FMLA;
- Overtime compensation, unpaid wages and commissions, and other wage and hour issues;
- Non-competition agreements; and
- Contract and severance negotiations.
Over the years, our Connecticut labor and employment lawyers have taken on virtually every large employer in Connecticut.
Some of our most notable litigation results on behalf of employees and civil rights plaintiffs include:
- A $6.3 million jury verdict on behalf of a Yale University doctor who was wrongly disciplined and demoted because of his patient care advocacy;
- A $1.8 million jury verdict against Hartford Healthcare Medical Group for breach of contract against a heart surgeon;
- A $1.75 million settlement against Central Connecticut State University following litigation of Title IX and Title VII claims on behalf of an employee who was sexually harassed and assaulted in the workplace;
- A $1.285 million settlement on behalf of five students and alumnae for the University of Connecticut’s indifferent responses to their reports of sexual assault and harassment, in violation of Title IX;
- A $2.985 million arbitration award for a hedge fund manager who was wrongly deprived of the opportunity to earn deferred compensation;
- A $3.5 million settlement on behalf of a high-level Fortune 100 executive who was subjected to age discrimination;
- A jury verdict of nearly $2 million on behalf of a Pfizer scientist for wrongful termination and First Amendment retaliation after she spoke out about dangerous laboratory conditions; and
- A $1+ million settlement on behalf of five employees subjected to sexual harassment and/or retaliation by the chief of a department.
We can deliver the experience that Connecticut’s workers need for their toughest fights.
Although Garrison, Levin-Epstein, Fitzgerald & Pirrotti, P.C. only represents individuals in employment litigation, we are also available to counsel employers in a variety of non-litigation contexts, including advising them on their rights and obligations and conducting internal investigations of employee allegations of misconduct.