Aug 15 2019
Garrison, Levin-Epstein, Fitzgerald & Pirrotti, P.C. Partner Nina T. Pirrotti was named Best Lawyers 2020 “Lawyer of the Year” for Employment Law -Individuals in New Haven, Connecticut.
As one of the oldest and most respected peer review publications in the legal profession, Best Lawyers of America is widely regarded by both clients and legal professionals as a significant honor. It selects the top one percent of lawyers in the United States every year to be recognized in its rankings.
Nina Pirrotti represents individuals in employment and civil rights litigation and negotiation. She is a member of the Executive Board of the National Employment Lawyers Association (NELA); Vice Chair of the American Bar Association Labor and Employment Law Section’s Trial Advocacy Competition Committee; Co-Chair of the Employee Privacy subcommittee of the American Bar Association’s Employment Rights and Responsibilities Committee; Fellow of the American Bar Foundation (ABF); and past president of the Connecticut Employment Lawyers Association (CELA).
She is well versed in all aspects of employment law, including:
- Discrimination (on the basis of race, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, religious creed, marital status, pregnancy, or national origin)
- Sexual harassment
- Wrongful termination
- Contract disputes (including those involving restrictive covenant agreements)
- FMLA and related leave of absence issues
- Severance agreements
- Whistleblower claims
Nina was selected for inclusion in the Best Lawyers of America for three years before she was honored as a 2020 “Lawyer of the Year.” She also was selected as a 2014 Top 50 Connecticut Super Lawyer, placing her among the Top 50 lawyers in the state and as a Top 25 Connecticut Woman Super Lawyer and a Top 50 New England Woman Super Lawyer. In 2010, Nina was named by the Connecticut Law Tribune as one of its Women in the Law – High Achievers.
In addition, all five partners at Garrison, Levin-Epstein, Fitzgerald & Pirrotti, P.C. were recognized in The Best Lawyers in America© 2020 in the following categories:
- Joseph D. Garrison – Arbitration Employment Law – Individuals Litigation – Labor and Employment Mediation
- Ethan A. Levin-Epstein – Criminal Defense: General Practice Criminal Defense: White-Collar Employment Law – Individuals
- Stephen J. Fitzgerald – Employment Law – Individuals Litigation – ERISA Litigation – Labor and Employment
- Joshua R. Goodbaum – Employment Law – Individuals Litigation – Labor and Employment